Download this sample case to follow along in the facilitator training videos.
Download All Cases
In order to maintain quality and provide case updates as well as new cases as they become available, we require an active email address and institutional affiliation to download the remaining SUGAR cases.
Available cases include:
Individual Cases - The 8 cases (inpatient) which were initially piloted.
- Case 1A (Frustration: DKA)
- Case 2A (Floundering: Rheumatic Fever)
- Case 3A (Futility: Neonatal Resuscitation)
- Case 4A (Failure: Shock & Malnutrition)
- Case 1B (Frustration: Pneumonia)
- Case 2B (Floundering: LIP)
- Case 3B (Futility: Spinal Cord Injury)
- Case 4B (Failure: Nephrotic Syndrome vs. Kwashiorkor)
Additional Inpatient Cases - New cases developed by members of the SUGAR community.
Additional Pediatric Inpatient Cases
- Case 1C (Frustration: Status Asthmaticus)
- Case 3C (Futility: Non-Accidental Burn)
Obstetrics & Gynecology Cases
- Case 1D (Frustration: Hypertension in Pregnancy)
- Case 2D (Floundering: Female genital mutilation)
- Case 4D (Failure: Septic Abortion)
Community Cases - New community based/outpatient cases developed by members of the SUGAR Community.
- Community Case 1 (Floundering: Rape)
- Community Case 2 (Floundering: Neglect)
SUGAR CANE (Cases about Non-Medical Experiences) - A new series developed by members of the SUGAR community which focuses on non-medical/systems challenges which may arise when traveling to work in a resource-limited setting.
- CANE Case 1 (Floundering: Rabies)
The SUGAR Project grants permission for public or non-profit hospitals and health care providers, government agencies, academic institutions, and noncommercial organizations to use, reprint, or reproduce materials created by the SUGAR Project subject to the following requirements:
SUGAR Project materials must only be used for noncommercial or educational purposes
Any use of SUGAR Project materials properly cites the SUGAR Project as the creator by using the following attribution statement: “Used with permission of the SUGAR Project - © Board of Regents for the University of Wisconsin System”
Permission Requests – All Other Entities or Individuals
Requests to use SUGAR Project materials that are submitted by entities or individuals or for a purpose not listed above must be approved by the SUGAR Project. Direct all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must identify:
Name of the organization requester represents
Contact information including email address and telephone number*
Description of the specific materials requested to be used
Intended use of requested materials
Any additional information to help explain the request
Materials may not be used unless and until the requester has received written permission from the SUGAR Project.
*Your contact information will be used for internal SUGAR Project purposes only. All contact information is strictly and completely confidential. The SUGAR Project does not sell or otherwise distribute subscriber information.